Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports to: Director of Sales and Marketing
The Senior Sales Manager is responsible for the implementation of all sales activities for a specific area of responsibility or market segment(s), including developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts and implementation of sales strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Review the daily business levels, anticipate critical situations, and plan effective solutions in conjunction with department heads to best expedite these situations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
- Sell hotel room nights through direct client contact; maintain a high level of visibility for the hotel in major market areas through direct sales solicitation; telephone contacts and written communication.
- Achieve personal and team sales goals as assigned.
- Implement tactical sale plans as assigned, to achieve greater profitability through increasing average rates, increasing overall occupancy, increasing business volume during off-peak periods, and enhancing the image of the company in the local community.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups and companies.
- Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts for assigned area of responsibility.
- Actively participate in forecasting and goal setting. Participate in the annual budget process, and development of sales and marketing plans.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- In Hospitality companies the Senior Sales Manager is also to Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Airlines, wholesalers, corporate accounts, travel agencies, ad agencies within local, domestic and international markets – to ensure repeat business, follow up on events, and generate new business
- Good communication skills.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and trainings.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Business Management or related field. Must speak fluent English, other languages preferred.
- A work experience of at least 5 years in a sales position within a complex and fast-paced business environment, preferably as a Sales Manager. Also, the candidate should have been engaged in sales research with the use of raw data being processes to provide useful information in the Sales Department
- An experience working with a large or a variety of market segments, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting.
The above is designed to help you in the understanding of your role and is not intended to be a definitive list of your duties, as flexibility in meeting company and guests needs is required by all employees.