Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports to: Director Sales and Marketing
The role of a Sales Representative or Business Developer is to build new business opportunities through direct selling and telemarketing efforts. Responsible for in-house client requests related to meetings and group activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other duties as assigned (guest room tours, property tours, special guest requests, maintaining calendars, answering phones, handling of mail, faxes, etc.)
- May perform routine administrative duties such as typing proposals, letters, contracts, etc., completing reports, etc.
- Actively cultivate new business by frequently communicating with client organizations, associations, travel agents and commercial businesses through direct telemarketing, direct mail, prospecting for leads, and incoming calls for the purpose of securing new business.
- Respond to client special requests on meeting details, dates, times, and hotel room and meeting room requirements. Regularly follow-up with clients and maintain accurate and updated information.
- Ensure that current and prospective client database is maintained.
- Negotiate room blocks, room rates, and book meeting rooms and other hotels services within approved guidelines. Document and review with Supervisor prior to sending written confirmation to client.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients and customers.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
- Basic math skills are used frequently.
- Applicant should have at least a HND, OND or a High School diploma or equivalent.
1-year experience in a sales/catering office or related field preferred. Must speak fluent English.
The above is designed to help you in the understanding of your role and is not intended to be a definitive list of your duties, as flexibility in meeting company and guests needs is required by all employees.