Position Supervised: Hotel Account Manager, Sales Coordinator
The Hotel Sales Manager is expected to manage the hotel sales function to drive market share growth by bringing in guests and making the hotel revenue. They work under the supervision of the Senior Sales Manager or Owners to plan sales promotion, set sales goals and train staff.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Recruitment, induction, training and management of hotel sales personnel.
- Develop and manage sales plans and strategies.
- Drive and develop new business for the hotel and group.
- Manage and develop existing accounts for the hotel and group.
- Co-ordinate PR and Marketing opportunities.
- Monitor team performance and results.
- Provide key interface with Operations and other sales teams.
- Achievement of revenue and RGI targets for the hotel.
- Achievement of hotel sales plans.
- Achievement of account targets.
- Achievement of sales call targets.
- Achievement of minimum scores in hotel sales audits.
- Recruitment, training, performance management of hotel sales personnel.
- Comply with hotel rules and regulations and provisions contained in the employment handbook.
- Comply with company grooming and uniform standards.
- Comply with timekeeping and attendance policies.
- Actively participate in training and development programs and maximize opportunities for self-development.
- IT, budget and report writing skills.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- The ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Excellent communication and ‘people skills’.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Numeracy and logistical planning skills.
- Proficiency in another language may also be an advantage, especially for hotels which are part of an international chain.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, statistics or mathematics.
- A master’s degree in business administration.
- Computer skills are also often required.
- A work experience of at least 3 years in any hospitality service provider which include customer focused service- as catering, bar, hotels or retail work.
The above is designed to help you in the understanding of your role and is not intended to be a definitive list of your duties, as flexibility in meeting company and guests needs is required by all employees.