Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports to: Director of Sales and Marketing
The Sales Executive will perform under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Sales and Marketing or his designate within the limits of the policies established in the company and procedures.
The Sales Executive is responsible for overseeing and implementing all sales activities in his/her specific area of responsibility.Interacts with other sales personnel within the company and outside the company (including clients, competitors, and other local communities).
Key Job Responsibilities
- Implements all sales action plans related to his/her marketing area as outlined in the Marketing Plan.
- Establishes and maintains files on major active accounts within his/her marketing area as part of the central filing system.
- Plans sales trips under the direct approval of the Director of Sales to major marketing areas, calling on accounts within their specific marketing area. Reports to Director of Sales on potential markets needing coverage.
- Provides feedback to the Director of Sales on changing marketing conditions, includes trends in the competition, as a result of direct sales solicitation, telephone and direct mail in his/her market areas.
- Disseminates sales related information to other departments as appropriate.
- Maintains a high level of exposure in the company in major market areas through direct sales solicitation; telephone contacts, and written communications.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned that are specific.
- Be completely conversant with the company’s short-term and longterm goals.
You will need to possess:
- The ability and desire to sell company related products
- An excellent communication skill
- A positive, confident and determined approach towards the sale of products
- The resilience and the ability to cope with rejection
- A high degree of self-motivation and ambition
- The skills to work both independently and as part of a team
- The capability to flourish in a competitive environment
- A good level of numeracy
- A driving licence
- Fluency in a foreign language – this can be helpful, particularly if working for an international company.
- A bachelor or Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Accounting, Business Administration may give an added advantage to applicants of this job. However, this job is opened to all graduates with applicants having a personality, an attitude and abilities that are strong in the area of commercial awareness and excellent communication skills.
- 6-8 Years working experience in the field or any related filed will be preferable for job applicants.
The above is designed to help you in the understanding of your role and is not intended to be a definitive list of your duties, as flexibility in meeting company and guests needs is required by all employees.