Department: Banquet Catering/ Marketing
Reports to: Catering and Banqueting Manager
The Sales Catering Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of client services and guest of a hospitality company and provides administrative and sales support for the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other duties as assigned (guest room tours, property tours, special guest requests, maintaining calendars, answering phones and routing to appropriate sales staff, handling of mail, faxes, etc.)
- Respond to client calls and special requests and obtain final details, dates, times, and hotel room and meeting room requirements. Regularly follow-up with clients and maintain accurate and updated information.
- Perform administrative duties such as typing proposals, letters, contracts, etc. Collect data, update data-bases, and complete departmental monthly reports.
- Resolve requests and/or complaints to the satisfaction of the guest; inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or dissatisfied clients.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Coordinate details with other departments such as VIP amenities, special requests, or other service needs or special handling.
- May coordinate outside vendor service needs (floral displays, audio/visual, etc.) where appropriate. Regularly follow-up to ensure set-up requirements meet client needs.
- May coordinate the process of food delivery.
- Should have a keen understanding of the catering menu.
- Oversees the recruitment and hiring of; drivers, event servers and other employees.
- Estimate the costs of ingredients needed for catering services.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Communicating with customers, employees, and third parties
- Use a keyboard to generate correspondence, reports, etc.
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients and guests
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often
- Basic math skills are used frequently
- High School diploma.
- Must be fluent in English.
- A 1-year experience in a sales/catering office or any related field.
The above is designed to help you in the understanding of your role and is not intended to be a definitive list of your duties, as flexibility in meeting company and guests needs is required by all employees.