Directly Reports To: General Manager
Function: Admin & General (A&G)
Department: Executive Office
Number of employees supervised: Direct –Operations Department Heads, Indirect – Hotel Executives and Employees
Managing the daily operations of the hotel to maximize profitability and to ensure superior service and product quality are maintained. This job is second in command in a regional hotel serving primarily as General Manager in the absence of the Regional Operations Executive/General Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the development and implementation if the Strategic Plan, Marketing Plan, Budget and Goals Programme to ensure on an ongoing basis optimum guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability.
- Ensures highest level of guest satisfaction by providing within corporate standards quality guest services and amenities.
- Interacts with guests and individuals outside the hotel including, but not limited to, current and potential clients, owning company representatives, community leaders, government officials, travel industry representatives, suppliers, competitors and other members of the local community.
- Coordinates functions and activities with General Manager, Regional, Area and Corporate staff as appropriate.
- Manages the functions of all hotels personnel through supervision of the hotel department heads.
- Assists in monitoring present and future trends, practices and systems in the hotel industry and determines and ensures execution of competitive programmes as directed.
- Participates in conducting weekly inspections and ensures physical facilities are kept in optimal condition by full implementation of preventive programmes and judicious planning and management of FF&E as directed.
- Ensures emergency procedures are practiced and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Monitors applicable laws and regulations, including Health and Safety, and ensures compliance.
- Establishes and maintains effective internal communication and meetings structures to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity.
- Establishes and maintains a prominent level of visibility and involvement in the property and business, social and governmental communities as appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
- Contributes in installing and monitoring cash management programmes including inventories and receivables.
- Develops recognition programmes, advertising and promotional campaigns to obtain greatest market awareness and patronage.
- Reviews energy conservation programme to ensure minimum energy and utility consumption without sacrificing human comfort.
- Monitors purchasing practices to ensure compliances with the hotels policy and procedures.
- In the absence of the General Manager, the Hotel Manager assumes responsibilities as appropriate. Keeps General Manager informed of any unforeseen events, which may occur in his/her absence.
- Assists in selling hotel through personal involvement with all potential markets as required.
- Work with Human Resources on manpower planning and management needs.
- Works with Director of Finance in the preparation and management of the Hotel’s budget.
- A high energy level and a passion for achieving results.
- Strong Leadership skills in managing teams to drive for results.
- Ability to manage in a competitive environment.
- Ability to manage complex relationships.
- A passion for delivering superior results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration or equivalent fields.
- 3 years of general management experience in a high-level operations role or prior general manager experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Type and level of experience required may vary slightly based on size and complexity of operation.
The above is designed to help you in the understanding of your role and is not intended to be a definitive list of your duties, as flexibility in meeting company and guests needs is required by all employees.